Stop the Struggle, Heal the Pain: Find Out How to Have a Harmonious Family
- Do you find parenting your children overwhelming, stressful and frustrating?
- Do you feel unappreciated, misunderstood or under-valued?
- Do you find your children's behaviours challenging at the best of times?
- Are your children expressing their feelings in angry and emotional outbursts?
- Do your children seem anxious, sad, irritable, clingy?
- Do you have children who make family life chaotic and challenging?
If the answers to any or all of the questions above is YES, I would encourage you to seek me out for therapy so that you and your children can connect in positive ways.
Parenting is a tough job...
Growing up can be confusing and bewildering for children...
At some time, every family experiences a major stressful event—past or present—that has or continues to have a negative impact on you or your child. Painful life events can cause:
Are you finding that no matter what you try—parenting books, advice from friends and family, attending parenting workshops—is leaving you exhausted, confused and still struggling?
Are you coping with stressful events that leave you or your children feeling guilty, embarrassed and scared? Do you find yourself:
- Blaming yourself and/or your child
- Giving into your child even when you know it's not in your child's best interests
- Ignoring the problem and hoping it will go away
- Fixing your child (If you would do it this way, things would work out for you)
These ways of coping don't work!
The good news is that I can help you learn to cope in wholesome ways such as:
- Keeping a positive and hopeful attitude that things will get better
- Taking responsibility for your emotions rather than blaming them on others
- Responding to your children calmly rather than reacting impatiently and angrily
- Communicating empathically so your children will listen
- Stopping yourself before you “blow up” at your children
- Encouraging and appreciating your strengths and those of your children
The benefits for you, as PARENTS, include:
- A happy family where support and encouragement for each other is the norm
- Worrying less and enjoying yourself, your partner and your children more
- Using discipline to promote positive growth
- Increasing confidence in your parenting abilities
- Making better choices when responding to conflicts and challenges
The benefits for YOUR CHILDREN include:
- Resiliency, that "can do" attitude
- Increased confidence in themselves
- Cooperating with you, their siblings and others
- Respect for themselves, you, and others
- Taking responsibility for their beliefs, feelings and actions
If you want to cope positively with stressful family issues
I can help you do just that!
With commitment to change and positive growth, therapy can give you the family you want and the family your children need. You and your family are worth it!
I invite you to call me for a free 15 minute consultation at 604-233-0845 to discuss how we can work together to create a happy family where family members are emotionally supportive, caring and loving through the normal ups and downs of childhood and adolescence as well as through the more challenging family stresses.
My office is located in Richmond, B.C. I provide therapy services for Richmond, Vancouver and the Greater Vancouver area including Delta, Burnaby, New Westminster, Surrey, and White Rock.
Judith Barnard, MSW, RSW
Registered Social Worker
I am located in Richmond, B.C. I provide therapy services for Richmond, Vancouver and the Greater Vancouver area including Delta, Burnaby, New Westminster, Surrey, and White Rock.